Fudgy brownies have a higher fat-to-flour ratio than cakey ones. So add more fat — in this case, butter and chocolate — for ooey gooey goodness! We’ve heard your requests (loud and clear) – so here it is without further ado:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup chopped nuts optional
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8x8x2-inch baking pan with parchment paper, leaving about 1 inch of the paper extending over the ends of pan. Grease paper; set pan aside.
- In a medium saucepan, stir together butter and unsweetened chocolate over low heat until smooth; set aside to cool.
- Stir the sugar into the cooled chocolate mixture.
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating with a wooden spoon just until combined.
- Stir in vanilla.
- In a small bowl stir together the flour and baking soda.
- Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture; stir just until combined. If desired, stir in nuts. Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack. Remove brownies from pan, using the overlapping paper to lift brownies. Place on cutting board; cut into brownies as desired.