Call us old-fashioned, but we believe that the way to, well, anyone’s heart is through the stomach. So what better way to say “I love you” on Valentine’s Day (or any day) than with one of our most beloved recipes: Chef Lynn Michelle’s Famous Fudgy Brownies.
This year, ditch the box of store-bought chocolates and treat your sweetie to a batch of rich, perfectly-chewy brownies instead.
Chef Lynn Michelle’s Famous Fudgy Brownies
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 3/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1.2 Cup Chopped Nuts - Optional
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8x8x2-inch baking pan with parchment paper, leaving about 1 inch of the paper extending over the ends of pan. Grease paper; set pan aside.
- In a medium saucepan, stir together butter and unsweetened chocolate over low heat until smooth; set aside to cool.
- Stir the sugar into the cooled chocolate mixture.
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating with a wooden spoon just until combined.
- Stir in vanilla.
- In a small bowl stir together the flour and baking soda.
- Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture; stir just until combined. If desired, stir in nuts. Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack. Remove brownies from pan, using the overlapping paper to lift brownies. Place on cutting board; cut into brownies as desired.
Surprise your valentine with a date they’ll never forget: a gourmet dinner prepared by a personal chef in the comfort and intimacy of your kitchen or vacation rental. Whether you’re craving an authentic Italian meal or a steakhouse dinner for two, Chef Lynn Michelle will cook you and your date a restaurant-quality meal (without the noise and distraction of a restaurant) and will handle everything from shopping to cooking to cleanup. What could be easier or more romantic? Click here to book your next meal.