4 Cups, All-Purpose Flour
2 ½ Cups, high quality butter, softened
½ teaspoon, salt
1 Cup, Castor or fine sugar, if you can’t find this, simple place regular sugar into a blender until fine
- Preheat oven to 350F. Butter a 13 x 9 sheet baking pan.
- Place the castor sugar, flour, salt and butter in large mixing bowl. Blend together until the mixture looks like coarse breadcrumbs but is soft and pliable when pressed with your fingers.
- Pour the mixture into the greased baking pan. Use your fingers and hands to firmly press down on the mixture into the pan.
- When the mixture is on the bottom of the pan; using the prongs on a fork, press the prongs into the flat mixture in the pan. This prevents the air to reach the mixture and not bubble up.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown.